Spenditallbaby to face 7 challengers in Solana Beach Handicap!
Spenditallbaby makes her fourth start of the 2007 Del Mar campaign when she participates the $125,000 Solana Beach Handicap on Saturday at Del Mar Race Track. The Solana Beach Handicap is a mile-long contest on the turf for Cal-bred fillies and mares.
Spenditallbaby comes into the Solana Beach Handicap just a week after she finished seventh in the Grade I, $400,000 Del Mar Oaks.
Trainer Barry Abrams is running back fast with the filly, because, he said, she didn't get to run her race in the Oaks when pinned down on the rail during the stretch run. "If she gets through," he contends, "she might win the race."
Running back quickly is not new to the 3-year-old daughter of Unusual Heat. After winning the Fleet Treat Stakes for state-breds at 7 furlongs July 22, she was wheeled right back six days later to finish third in the Grade II San Clemente Handicap July 28.
Set to take on Spenditallbaby in the Solana Beach Handicap are:
- Bai and Bai, second in the Grade II Clement L. Hirsch Handicap on Polytrack and who will carry high weight of 119;
- Gentle Charmer, second in the Luther Burbank Handicap at Santa Rosa;
- Sip One for Mom, 2006 Solana Beach winner, who is making her first start of the year;
- Special Heather, another first starter in 2007 after posting three wins without a loss last year;
- Chelcee's Hope, fourth in her only start this year, an allowance race at Del Mar August 5;
- Mood Winner, tops in two of eight races this year and in the race at light weight of 108, and;
- Star Voyager, winless in three starts this year.
|Buy this Kindle edition of 'Secretariat' and if you still don't have a Amazon Kindle, grab now.|
Check out these Interesting Books on US Horse Race Track: